‘THE’ conversation was had with my husband’s boss today about what ‘exactly’ does ‘you want me to move to Canada’ actually mean.
I’m informed of the following facts :
• probably 12 months,
• possibly 2 years
• could be Edmonton – but maybe Calgary (both in Alberta – but either way there’s 7 hours time difference and at least 9 hours travelling time)
• yes, there’s a relocation package
• yes, you can take the family
• we may want to expand the work into North America
• oh, and we need to look into finding a replacement for you in the UK market
My first thoughts were: exciting and daunting at the same time. For someone who is naturally organised, structured and in perfect control at all times – where do you start?
Little steps always help. In my chores to the local village today I stumbled into 2 estate agents and enquired into how I go about ‘renting’ my property. Well, that’s today’s idea.
It’s a start….